Tuesday 29 May 2007

Which way?

hmm.. the smog thickens.. lately i.e. over the last week i've been exposed to the various departments of animation industry and academia as it exists today. Im convinced that production is where my forte lies. I was also curious as to why this highly valuable aspect of the industry is so often overlooked or rather not spoken of. Is it because of its 'lame-ass boring' tag? Why sure.. who would want to become a production guy when you can be a character animator, modeller, lighting artist, VFX guru? Well i know why! Because i believe i'm cut out for the job. Ability to make decisions; design, adhere, implement, renew pipelines; motivate and enable proactive and pre-emptive production? Piece of cake! Well.. not exactly but one helluva challenge and something yours truly would love to indulge in. Then whats the hitch..? The age-old conflict arises again.. to work or not to work.. for an organization i.e. When i quit my last job, i swore never to work for another again. I've been true to my word since and my mind wrestles with my ideology of independence with the argument of learning, new horizons, the big picture, etc not to mention my financial liablilities. So where do we go from here? Education is another option that sprung up. Takshaa was impressive what with its philosophy matching mine, Univeristy of Valencia with seductive spanish flair.. If there is one thing i'm ceratin of.. it this: im confused.. As i always say 'confusion is a sign of open-mindness'. Will time prove me wrong?

2 comments:

Sheens said...

Hello Producer! You would never change!

Jimsi said...

confusion sure is a state of open mindedness however, Time and tide waits for none ....