Friday 18 January 2008

Dread Locked!

Its a warm fuzzy afternoon. I'm chatting with a dear friend and prepearing lunch at the same time. Yes I realize multi-tasking is best left to womne. No time for debates now. I gotta get me some garlic from the lady with the cart down the alley. Prepare for takeoff! Boxers on? Check! T-shirt? Check! Cellphone? Check! Blast Off! In a flash of a second our hero is outta the door like a stone from a sling. Slam! he's outta the door and in orbit when uh..oh.. "Houston we have a problem. Im not carrying my re-entry pack!!!"

I'm locked out and my keys are inside the house. Brilliant eh? Well our hero doesn't panic. he calmly walks around the house, peers through the window and hey! there they are. Right where I left them: on the refridgerator. A mere 16 feet away. This is a mission for ground crew.

As I walk towards the security hut, one of them runs away to have lunch. Another bumbling idiot followed me half-heartedly as we found two narrow 2x4's and went about tying them up to create one long elongated arm. Version One turned out to be flawed partly due to gravity of course. Bumbling idiot walks away mumbling something about a siesta. Along comes the third of the ground crew; a glimmer of hope or a radioactive spark?

This one is a wisened young turk who accosts me to the corner of the universe where lies the verstaile bamboo stick. I pick one up and another and some rope to tie together. We return to our home planet, hover in orbit on the dark side and contemplate our course of action. The stick are knotted together and are aimed at the re-entry panel on the inside of the door. Now run! I yell at ground crew to spin over to the other side of the door and haul the handle below 'C' level while I jab at the panel through the window using Version Two of the elongated arm. And Voila!!! we are back in orbit!

Whew! Another day in the life of Spaced-Out Man!

2 comments:

ruSh.Me said...

lol.....
that's some mission-to-get-the-keys-from-the-refrigerator.... i just hope its doesn't happen everyday..!!

NonsSens said...

Hahahaha - locked out. Awful feeling right?..But ingenuity saved the day I guess.How abt getting a non selflock door - it saves a lot of trouble (experience talking)
Am just curious - what happened to your lunch? Did all the time you took to extrace the keys dissipate your hunger?